The 5th paramita, dhyana paramita
is the perfection of Meditation. Dhyana
is pronounced Zen in Japanese and Chan in Chinese.
Meditation consists of two aspects:
- the first is stopping. (to stop our running, or chasing from one idea to the next, it is our forgetfulness, our living in the past or anxiety about the future.)
- We come home to the present moment, where life is available.
- it is the practice of calming our body and emotions through the practice of mindful breathing, mindful walking, and mindful sitting.
- it is the practice of concentration so we can live deeply in each present moment
- the second aspect of meditation is looking deeply to see the true nature of things.
- it is a deep understanding
- doing everything in your day mindfully
- and mindfulness nourishes concentration and understanding
This week I challenge you to practice your mindfulness in whatever you do. Bring your awareness to the present moment. The mindfulness practices you can try are: mindful walking, mindful breathing, mindful cooking, mindful eating or mindful sitting. All that is required is to bring your full attention and energy to the present moment, and there your body and mind unite as one creating calm and inner peace.
Below is a meditation by Thich Nhat Hanh you can use daily to connect to your present moment.
Breathing in, I am aware that I am breathing in
Breathing out, I am aware that I am breathing out
Breathing in my breath grows deep
Breathing out my breath goes slowly
Breathing in I feel calm
Breathing out I feel ease
Breathing in I smile
Breathing out I release
Dwelling in the present moment
I know it is a wonderful moment
By Kohai Dianne Hadad
3rd Degree Black Belt, Renge Dojo
Mindset Coach, CPC, Warrior Spirit Circle
647-203-4882 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The WARRIOR SPIRIT CIRCLE creates conversations for kids, parents and martial artists to discover their true self and embody their warrior spirit. Our mission is to share the practical wisdom from the classical martial arts virtues and philosophies to inspirit resiliency, confidence and vibrancy.