Most Recent Posts
In 2008 I wrote down on a yellow sticky note $15,000 and posted it at my desk where I would see it all day long. It was a bold manifestation strategy I picked up from the book “The Secret”. The book was a simplified version of the ancient Law of Attraction, explaining how we can transform our thoughts to manifest our desires and reality. Pure thoughts of abundance, would bring abundance. The book suggested to write a dollar amount on a sticky note, believe that money is yours, that you are living abundantly in the present moment right now with that money, and the money will come to you. So I played along to see what this $15,000 yellow note would bring.
For a month I fully committed to “The Secret” and believed each day that $15,000 was in my bank account, and I changed my energy and attitude around money from scarcity to gratitude and abundance. Until one day when enjoying lunch with a colleague, I was informed of a class action lawsuit and how I was entitled to make a claim. After submitting my documentation, and continuing to carry an energy of abundance; two weeks later I was awarded a settlement for the amount of $14,300. Sure the amount was not exactly $15,000, but as I held the cheque in hand I realized how powerful the Law of Attraction is and how we truly can manifest what we desire. Now I am not suggesting you run out and write dollar amounts on sticky notes, but what I do believe is through this experience something shifted inside of me. The shift was from feeling I never had enough to living with gratitude and abundance, a positive attitude which has stayed with me since then.
Essentially “The Secret” is based on the Law of Attraction, a fundamental law of the universe which simply means: like attracts like, the energy you put out to the world is what you will attract back to you, and the thoughts we have will create our life. This is not a new concept, Buddha claimed thousands of years ago the same precept that “All that we are is a result of what we have thought.”
The Law of Attraction is a tool we can use to be the person we want to be, to invite in the outcomes we desire and to manifest the things we want in our life. Positive emotions like joy and love involve an energy that will attract our desire to us. Negative emotions like fear and doubt can repel our desire.
So here is a quick way to know HOW to use the Law of Attraction:
- Decide what you want, what is it your desire. (Be sure about what you ask for.)
- Believe it will come true. (Believe you deserve and will get what you ask for. Believe and you shall receive!)
- Visualize it happening in the present moment (later you can make a dream board, draw a picture, or write it out on a note for yourself)
- Create affirmations for your desired outcome “I am winning the race. I am acing the math test. I am attracting all that I desire. (Make your affirmations in the present tense and use only positive words)
- Commit to do the work. (Keep your thoughts and actions positive in forward motion.)
- Practice Gratitude (Being grateful for what you have and being grateful for what you desire, practice that gratitude like you have it right now.)
Finally, be mindful what thoughts we choose to have because the universe is always listening. And the real secret is….we CAN CHOOSE every time.
By Kohai Dianne Hadad
3rd Degree Black Belt, Renge Dojo
Certified Professional Coach, SHINE, Family Wellness Club
647-203-4882 | email@example.com